Monday, January 30, 2012

Oprah Winfrey in India! (Part-3)

TV show celebrity Oprah Winfrey describes India as a paradox.   Her views on different social customs of India are very interesting.

She is unable the comprehend the concept of 'arranged' marriage.  "Arranged marriage would be hard for me." she quips.  "Had I gotten married, we would have been divorced by now and he would agree.  I am my own woman.  I don't conform well with other peoples ideas.  Marriage calls for some conformity.  I have great respect for marriage and admiration for the way women marry", she said.

The 57-year-old media moghul was greatly impressed by India's "glorious" family tradition and would love to return to the country which had much more to it than filth and poverty.  "What most impressed  me was the family tradition in the country and the fact that you take care of your parents and grand parents."

0 comments:

Post a Comment