Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Jokes from abroad!


As an American stationed a world away in Okinawa, Japan, on a fortnightly pay, I never knew what the date was.  One day, after racking my brain, I asked a soldier, "Hey, what's today?"  Before he could answer, a Marine responded, "It's either  the 14th or the 29th, because tomorrow is payday."


With the help of a 16-tonne forklift, I was loading containers onto an aircraft bound for Afghanistan.  Our sergeant major stopped by to ask how I was doing.  "It would be easier if the idiot who owns the red truck would move it," I complained.

"OK," he relied.  "I will."

Courtesy: Reader's Digest

1 comment:

  1. I forgot what good jokes there are in the reader's digest. I so remember looking forward to the jokes.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete