Sunday, February 3, 2013

Baby talk!

As my 5-year old niece watched a movie, she was unable to understand the meaning of the word "smuggler".  My brother explained that a smuggler buys things from abroad and brings them into our country.  He added," They are bad people and need to be punished by the police."  Immediately the kid asked, "Granny also brings a lot of gifts from India for us.  Should we tell the police about granny?"


My teenage daughter is not the most knowledgeable Catholic.  When my husband bought me a gorgeous cross pendant, Munni exclaimed, "It looks like something the Pope's wife would wear!"


The cat newly adopted by our daughter started using the back of the sofa as scratching pad.  My husband assured me that he would train the cat and stop this nuisance.  For several days my husband trained the cat patiently.  Whenever  the cat scratches the rear of the sofa, he would take him outdoors immediately to teach him a lesson.  The smart cat also learnt the secret quickly.  For the next 10 years, when he felt like going outdoors, the cat would scratch the sofa back  

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the last on the very best. Cats are indeed very smart. Very smart.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete