Friday, January 2, 2015

Crossword Puzzle!

A businessman was traveling in an International flight on a vacation.  Imagine his surprise when a Cardinal sat down in the seat next to him in the flight.  Still the businessman was too shy to speak to the Pontiff. 

Shortly after take-off, the Cardinal began a crossword puzzle. 'This is fantastic,' thought the gentleman. 'I'm really good at crosswords. Perhaps, if the Cardinal gets stuck, he'll ask me for assistance.'

Almost immediately, the Cardinal turned to the gentleman and said, "Excuse me, but do you know a four letter word that ends in 'unt' are refers to a woman?"  Only one word leaped to mind... a vulgar one. 'I can't tell the Cardinal that.  There must be another,' thought the gentleman. Then, it hit him. He turned to the Cardinal and said, "I think you're looking for the word 'aunt'."

"Of course!" exclaimed the Cardinal. "I don't suppose you happen to have an eraser? "

Source: Internet

1 comment: